Schedule & Class Structure
Pick Up At School & Arrival at Team Third Law
- Wash hands and use bathroom
- Snack time (provided by family)
- Homework assessment
Academics: Go Getting Time!
- Homework Done & Checked
- Academic skill building time
- Priority #1: Homework & Spelling from school
- Priority #2: Third Law Weekly Spelling Words (written 10x each)
- Priority #3: Third Law Workbooks
- Priority #4: Third Law Quick Math
Social, Interactive Fun Play: Fun Time!
- Outside fun: Sports, Inflatables, Arcade games
- Inside fun: Legos, hot wheels, board games, Building games
Martial Arts Classes
- Weekly After School Self Defense Class: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai Kickboxing, Judo, Wrestling
- Regularly scheduled martial arts classes (depending on daily schedule / parent preference – Tiny & Little Ninjas, Black Belt Club, Masters Club )
Our Pickup Routes & Drop Off Program
Our route planning:
Every year over the summer we sit down and look at our enrolled students, wait list and routes and make a plan for the coming school year. It is always possible to add new schools during this time, and our decisions are based on many factors: School location, number of children, route timing.
If your child’s school is not on our current pick up list it doesn’t mean we wouldn’t be able to accommodate their school in the future.
Elementary Preferred Schools:
- Seagate Elementary
- Lake Park Elementary
- Vineyards Elementary
- Pelican Marsh Elementary
- Osceola Elementary
Middle School Preferred Schools:
- Pine Ridge Middle
Other Possible Elementary Schools:
- Village School
- Community School
- Poinciana Elementary
- Shadowlawn Elementary
- Mason Classical
- Gulf Coast Charter
- Laurel Oak Elementary
- Big Cypress Elementary
- Corkscrew Elementary
- Sabal Palm Elementary
- Estates Elementary
Other Possible Middle Schools:
- Gulfview Middle
- Oakridge Middle
Our Drop Off Programs
We also offer drop off programs for any students who we are unable to pick up. Drop off hours are 3 pm to 6 pm, and drop off students receive a discount on our membership.
Elementary School Schedules
- 3:20 pm to 3:40 pm –> Snack time and bathroom break time
- 3:40 pm –> Collect trash and prepare for Go Getting time
- 3:40 pm to 4:20 pm — >Silent academic time / monitoring completion of work
- 4:00 Check to see who is finished with their homework and Magic Questions start…
Elementary School Magic Questions
- Magic Question #1: Is your homework for the day/week done?
- Magic Question #2: Has your homework been checked?
- Magic Question #3a: Has your school vocabulary been done at least 3 times each?
- Magic Question #3b: Has your Team Third Law vocabulary/spelling been done?
- Magic Question #4: Have you done 1 page of workbook?
- Magic Question #5: Have you done 2 pages of workbook?
If your child answers all the Magic Questions, then they’ll get to go have fun and play. If they have to work on something still, they’ll spend more time on their academics until all Magic Questions have been answered.
Middle School Schedules
- 4:20 pm to 4:40 pm –> Update agenda and go to bathroom. No snack without agenda checked.
- 4:40 pm to 5:30 pm –> Silent Go Getting Academic time
Middle School Magic Questions
- At least 10 pages of workbook done per week due Friday
- Three SAT words per week written 10 times with drawing of word meaning
- Weekly check for backpack and folder organization
- Check organization of backpack, agenda, binder, homework folders
Middle School Extra Rules
- Rule #1: Prioritize: do the most important work first.
- Rule #2: Organize: Each subject two binders. One for current work and one for archiving once it gets too big. Each binder divided into sections like HW, Tests, Notes, etc.. the more specific the better. DON’T BE LAZY.
- Rule #3: When the teacher speaks in your class you MUST TAKE NOTES.
- Rule #4: REMEMBER WE ARE THIRD LAW… I don’t care what everyone else is doing. I care about what the best do!
- Rule #5: BRING ALL NOTEBOOKS. TAKE ALL NOTEBOOKS TO SCHOOL and BRING THEM HOME. LEAVE NOTHING IN THE LOCKERS. A disorganized bag means no play.
General Rules for Productivity
- RULE #0
- Priority #1: Finish all your homework and spelling from school for the week and get it checked.
- Priority #2: Finish all your Third Law Spelling.
- Priority #3: Finish your workbook.
- Priority #4: Beat your times in Fast Math.
- RULE #1: Any rule broken need to write it 50 times in spelling notebook.
- RULE #2: After school closes at 6 pm Elementary, 6:30 pm Middle. TAKE YOUR STUFF OR WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT DAY.
- RULE #3: DON’T LIE. SMILE YOU ARE ON CAMERA.
- RULE #4: Reading needs to be done in the car ride or at home.
- RULE #5: Bring to Team Third Law: Pencil, Eraser and sharpener. You are a student. BE PREPARED.
- RULE #6: Always Sit Down PROPERLY IN GOOD POSTURE. NO FEET ON CHAIR or LEANING.
- RULE #7: Smart Kids to get their homework done for the week at school, home, car ride, any time they have free or available so that they can use the time at Third law for higher, “cooler” learning!
- RULE #8: Show your work.
- RULE #9: Write your name and date at the top or fail.
- RULE #10: THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH USING EXTRA PAPER TO DO YOUR WORK.
- RULE #11: Monday is the Hardest Day.
- RULE #12: Challenges to teacher are 30 squats and can go higher if you’re wrong. If teachers are wrong they do 15 squats. Half.
- RULE #13: Raise your hand for everything.
- RULE #15: In my school my rules. If a teacher asks you not to finish your homework early we say, “My mom has a lot of homework for me and needs me to get all school homework done as soon as possible so that I can concentrate on the tons of homework she gives me everyday.” If a teacher insists not to do it then we do it on a separate piece of paper so that we are ready to transfer it when necessary and double check.
- Rule #16: 5 MINUTES FOR SNACKS BEFORE WORK TIME WHICH INCLUDES WASHING HANDS AND TRIMMING NAILS IF THEY ARE LONG AND OVERDUE.
- RULE #17: Only one bathroom break when you arrive, if you have to go twice, no play time that day.
- RULE #18: No Whining.
- RULE #19: All handwriting that is not neat and the size of a pencil must be RE-WRITTEN.
- RULE #20: Paper cannot be ripped or crumbled.
- RULE #21: All Spelling Words must be written 10 times (if you get one wrong 15 times that one).
- RULE #22: No switching seats, standing, sticking hands out windows on the bus or vans…Any behavior that forces the driver to call your attention means you go straight to La La Land for the day… SAFETY FIRST!
- RULE #14: LA LA LAND: You get two warnings. 1st time warned, 2nd time warned, 3rd offense straight to La La Land. Two La La Lands in a week 3 days without play consecutively. If you make it twice to La La Land 5 school days in a row then play time is over for a week including Friday Fun Day.